Beyond the shadow of a doubt, ergonomic chairs whether for home or office are a crucial component of comfort and productivity.
You would agree with me that most of the time is spent sitting in front of the computer in the office. To find a chair that is comfortable and supports your body becomes the major challenging task. Here are we to make it easier to decide the best ergonomic chair for your purpose.
Why should one be so selective and attentive while choosing an ergonomic chair? As the regular chairs do not support certain body areas, a good ergonomic chair ensures apt posture.
Ergonomic chairs provide comfortable sitting for longer durations. If you are searching for the best ergonomic chairs, here is what you should consider first:
- What is the fabric material of the chair?
- Is there Lumbar support?
- What is the material of the chair?
- Is there a cushioning present in the chair?
- Is there an option for height adjustment or not?
To know about how to find the best ergonomic chair read the complete article. The article has all the required information to buy an ergonomic chair in India.
Choosing the right ergonomic chair will help you to stay focused on your work. They have advanced features that can minimize physical stress.
Let us get to know about the best ergonomic chair in India. Here is the list of ergonomic chairs that can be really helpful for your home or office purpose.
1) Wipro Furniture Adapt office chair
Wipro is a well reputed brand that provides innovative products. They have a wide range of chairs available. The Adapt office chair is the perfect blend of contemporary looks and state of art technologies.
The chair has great built quality and is quite strong. The chair provides ultimate support because of the perfectly contoured headrest. Spine support is also there that makes it quite comfortable to use for a prolonged time. This reduces the lower back pain even if the working hours are quite more.
One of the best features of the best ergonomic chair in India is its headrest, which can be adjusted according to requirements as it can move up, down, back and forth. The chair is embedded with the latest technology of Automatic tension adjustment control. The technology automatically senses the weight of the user and thus, the height of the chair is automatically adjusted. Depending on the user’s weight, the force is also regulated for reclining the chair.
The backrest is made up of mesh fabric so that there is enough circulation that prevents heat and sweat. A waterfall seat and enough padding are provided that makes the seating comfortable and releases pressure on lower legs and thighs.
There is a 360 degrees swivel, which helps to turn around without physical movement of the chair. It comes with a one year limited warranty on manufacturing defects.
- Automatic tension adjustment control
- Comes with 1 year warranty
- Backrest with cushioning
- 360 swivel to turn around
- The base is made up of an aluminum base
- Adjustable headrest, armrest and height
- Slight noise while tilting back.
2) Green Soul® Monster Ultimate (S) Multi-Functional Ergonomic Gaming Chair (GS-734US)
Greensoul has come along with a special range of ergonomic chairs that is perfect for gaming. The quiet comfortable chair delivers ultimate support and encourages dynamic movement. The chair is completely adjustable and fits body alignment easily. It has a pair of wide armrests that provide unbelievable comfort. These armrests can be adjusted to four dimensions including- height, side to side, angle and Fourth-back adjustments.
The backrest comes with a detachable cushioned headrest and lumbar cushions. These support the spine and make sure that there is no computer hunch. The chair is made up of an integrated metal frame and is quite sturdy. Controlling the chair is quite easy and it has a superb stable structure
- Highly adjustable
- Amazing tilt
- Mesh fabric
- Comes with warranty
- Sturdy and durable
- 360 degrees swivel
- Not good for people of more height.
3) Sunon Massage Gaming Chair with Headrest and Lumbar Support Flexible Armrest Adjustable Seat Height Ergonomic Chair PVC Leather Computer Chair for Home
It is an affordable chair that supports both the spine and pocket. The chair comes with a backrest and can be adjusted easily as per the requirements. The chair is made up of aluminum and nickel alloy material that is quite strong. The armrest is adjustable and provides complete support to the elbows and shoulder. There is a complete mesh support and a perfectly fitting curve for the spine. There is great elastic support that makes it perfect for prolonged sitting.
The chair comes with an attractive massage function. By simply connecting the USB to power, one can conveniently enjoy the massage function of the chair. The height adjustments, 360 degree swivel and knee tilt make it a perfect choice.
There is a complete memory foam seat that makes it a favorite piece of furniture and is regarded as the best ergonomic chair.
- 360 degree swivel
- Memory foam seat
- Adjustable armrests, height
- Massage lumbar support
- Retractable footrest
- Flexible and perfect for spine
- The maximum height is low.
4) Wipro furniture alivio Mid back executive ergonomic office chair with advanced synchro Tilt mechanism and height adjustable arms
This is the complete package for those who look for style, comfort, and features all in one piece. This best ergonomic chair has a flexible design and a durable design. The mesh fiber makes it comfortable for long sitting hours. It is very easy to adjust the heights with flexible armrests. The lumbar support is cushioned specifically to provide extra support.
The chair is engineered by Synchro-Tilt mechanism that makes it easier to relax with feet on the floor.
- Adjustable and flexible armrests
- Comes with warranty
- Cushioned lumbar support
- Seat height adjustable
- Synchro tilt mechanism
- No headrest separately.
5) Prestige Office System Private Limited Ibiza Medium Back Support Mesh Revolving Height Adjustable Chair for Home and Office
The chair by prestige office system private limited is the best option for work from the home chair. Made up of high-density polyurethane the material of the seat of the chair is highly durable in nature. The tilting mechanism in the chair makes it comfortable and the best ergonomic chair in India.
Highly breathable fabric minimizes sweat production and makes the chair comfortable for long working hours. The wheels are made up of nylon and provide a strong foundation. the easy and swift movement of the chair. One can easily move the chair and can relax on it while working. The adjustments are easy and uninterrupted. The armrest is stable and broad enough to provide proper support.
- Better efficiency
- Tilting mechanism
- Good wheel base
- ABS frame
- Adjustable heights
- Lower and mid back relaxation.
- Non-adjustable armrest
These are some of the top-rated ergonomic chairs that one chooses from. If you are looking for a perfect chair for your office or home, then here is what you should consider:
- The fabric material of the chair- To get the best chair for prolonged hours of workings, one can go for mesh like fabrics. This prevents sweating and makes it easier to sit for a long time. But some might love the extra cushioning on the back for supreme comfort while working. One has to choose this wisely as per the bodily requirements. The cushion should not be of low quality foam as that would break or sag easily. The alignment of cushioning needs to be perfect.
- Lumbar support- This is the most important factor to think about while buying the best ergonomic chair. Is there cushioned support present for the lower back? If the support is adjustable or not? Is it good for body alignment and fits your posture? For prolonged working hours, it is important that the body alignment is proper. This minimizes the chances of pain in the body. It is suggested not to buy a chair without a recline. Reclining is important for the proper distribution of the weight of the body and muscular movements.
- Material- The material of the chair decides its sturdiness and strength. The swivel base and the caster wheels are the best choices for the chair. This makes the movement of the chair smooth from one place to another. Be wise while choosing the material of the chair.
- Cushioning- Proper cushioning is a must in the best ergonomic chair India for body alignment and comfort. There should be proper cushioning for the headrest and the lumbar support. More cushioning is also not good for body posture. Go for a chair that has the proper cushion for alignment and comfort.
- Height adjustments– Generally the chairs are adjustable in nature. The height can be easily adjusted with a lever. Along with that chairs do have an adjustable headrest, armrest, foot rest and reclining angle. The reclining and back tilting angle keep the muscles relaxed for long hours sitting.
How to know a chair is perfect for you?
Finding the right and best ergonomic chair is the most challenging task. Before you make a purchase, it is advised to have a physical try on the chair. There are particular things to note when you try on the chair:
- There should be a natural curve from the spine to the lower back. If the backrest also reclines and adjusts as per the needs.
- The angles of the knee should be around 90 degrees. Try to achieve the angle by adjustments. If not possible, then avoid the chair.
- Look for the armrest location. If they are near to the body, then the shoulders are more comfortable. The armrests should match the height of the working desks. This reduces the strain on the shoulders.
- The back of the chair should be in the right place.
- Memory foam is there or not as it is super comfortable and lasts for a longer duration.
1) What is an ergonomic chair?
Ergonomic is a science that is known by other names like human engineering. This field of science is related to make objects in such a manner that they provide super comfort to humans. An ergonomic chair is basically a chair that is designed specifically with all the human body considerations in mind for comfort and support. These chairs have a lot of features that improve posture while sitting.
2) How do you know if a chair is ergonomic?
The chair must meet the following requirements to be an ergonomic chair:
- Adjustable seats
- Seat pan depth adjustments
- Adjustable backrest
- Swivel base
- Angle adjustment for back
- Armrest adjustments
- Headrest adjustments
- Lumbar support
All these factors help to decide whether a chair is ergonomic or not.
3) Is it better to have an office chair with or without arms?
This depends completely on the kind of job. Some people find it difficult without armrests generally people prefer armrests because they encourage support for the shoulder. Armrests provide support and keep the wrists relaxed. The incorrect positioning risk is also reduced with the arms.
4) Are chairs without arms comfortable?
Armless chairs are not comfortable for working for longer hours. Without armrests, there can be poor posture and neck, shoulder and back pain can occur. Arms are important as while doing the desk job the hands get the support with them. Also, for the smaller duration of times, chairs without arms can be a no problem but for longer times armrests are advisable.
We hope our article would turn out to be helpful for you and make it easier to buy the best ergonomic chair. Leave your suggestions in the comment section and let us know how you like them.