Uses of Mixer Grinder
“Those who think they have no time for healthy eating will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” – Edward Stanley. This saying is the reality of our lives to an extent. But Mixer Grinders proves itself as the best partner to keep us healthy. As with its help, we can make fresh and healthy dishes like smoothies, salads, salsa, etc. in no time. Even you can save your time for yourself and your loved ones.
Nowadays no kitchen is complete without a Mixer Grinder. Its versatile functions make it a must-have kitchen appliance of the kitchen. In short, we can say that it makes you AATAMNIRBHAR and MULTITASKER in your kitchen.
Let us have a glance at the uses of the mixer grinder as well as its components.
Various Uses of Mixer Grinder
Here we are talking about the most versatile equipment i.e Mixer Grinder. If you have the one or planning to get the best mixer grinder for your cooking lab then it is worth knowing its uses. However, there are various uses of mixer grinders depends upon the attached accessories or functionalities it can offer. So, without any delay let’s discuss it.
- Uses of Mixer Grinder in Kitchen:
Whether it’s household, corporate, or hotel kitchens, Mixer Grinder is an essential kitchen appliance for all of them due to its enlisted effective uses. So, keep reading for getting knowledge about the effective uses of a mixer grinder.
- Batters for Dosas and Chillas: Nowadays South Indian dishes are on the top of the breakfast on the healthy dishes list. Also, the list is not restricted to idli or wadas. Even, people love to have moong dal, oats, and quinoa chillas as healthy options. But these dishes cannot be cook perfectly if their batter is not as per the required consistency. However, this issue can be resolved with the help of the mixer grinder. As a good mixer grinder grinds fine paste to make your idli and dosa more fluffy and tasty.
- Fresh Grinded Spices: Everyone wants to have a fresh blend of spices in their meals. Mostly women or chefs prefer to have homemade or fresh ground masala or spices for their lip-smacking dishes. Some of the spices like cardamom, Bay Leaf, Cloves, Black Pepper, Cumin Seeds, etc. that are firstly roasted and then grounded to make Garam Masala or King Masala enhance the flavor of every dish.
- Purees for Soups and Parathas: Are looking forward to making your kids eat something healthy? Then mixer grinder will ease your task. As with its help, you can make purees of beetroot, spinach, tomato, etc. to make colorful and healthy parathas for them. Even you can mince beans, carrots, beets, pumpkin together with garlic and ginger, and simmer them for 3 to 4 minutes to have fresh and healthy soups.
- Chutneys: Chutneys add an extra dash of flavor to food. By keeping this factor in mind many mixer grinder brands offered a special chutney jar. They are specially designed to make the best chutneys. For example, if you are having idli in breakfast then it is incomplete without coconut chutney. And, you can easily grind it in a chutney jar.
- Uses of Jars:
You will find multiple well-known brands like Sujata, Preethi, WonderChef, Butterfly, Philips, etc. which offers the best mixer grinders with a variety of jars for your kitchen tasks. But the jars come in the sales box depend upon the functions you expected to perform and the budget you want to spend.
- Wet grinding / liquidizing jar: If you wish to have smoothies, shakes, lassi, or want to make purees and pastes for a mutton curry then this jar will help you. You can liquidize or make purees with perfect consistency in a minute.
- Dry grinding jar: Do you own a mixer grinder then why to use powdered spices or rock salt packets of markets? You can grind the hardest ingredient into fine powder in no time. This jar lets you enjoy freshly ground spices at your home only.
- Chutney Jar: Every meal is incomplete without side dishes like chutney. This mini chutney jar enables you to have any type of chutney in minutes. Even you can make dry or wet chutney by putting all ingredients in a jar and grind it.
- Juicer: Everyone loves to have fresh juices in breakfast or their diets. And, juicer proves to be bliss for you and your loved ones. Also, a strainer comes attached to it which separates unwanted pulp and roughage from the juice.
- Food Processor Jar/ Master Chef Jar/ Multi-Purpose Jar: The best part of the food processor is its multi-functional jar that enables you to perform multiple tasks. You can shred, chop, and knead the dough, etc. as various blades and attachments provided with the mixer. All you need to change them according to choice at the time of usage.
- Uses of mixer grinder blades
The most important component of any mixer grinder is its blade. Multiple blades come attached to the mixer grinder. We are enlisting some of the blades and their uses for your reference.
- Dry grinding Blade: This stainless steel blade designed for grinding hard and dry spices like rock salt, turmeric, cinnamon, etc. into a fine powder. You can grind cereals, red chilies, cashew nuts, almonds, cloves, coffee beans, etc with ease.
- Wet Grinding Blade: If you want to grind semi-wet or wet ingredients with a perfect texture then you can rely on this blade. I will assist you to prepare the batter for dhoklas, idlis, chillas, vegetable purees, etc. If you want to have perfect consistency of batter then should keep a check on the process.
- Mincer Blade: If you want to garnish your dishes with coconut or crushed almond and pistachios. Then the mincer blade is best for you. With its help, you can crush ice, grate cucumbers or carrots, and dry fruits.
- Chutney Grinding Blade: This blade is especially attached to the chutney grinding jar. It is ideal for wet or dry chutneys of coconut, peanut, coriander & ginger, etc. and these are a must-have of every Indian Cuisine.
- Whipping Blade: Are you fond of tasty and healthy beverages? Then the whipping blade proves to be a great help for making smoothies. Lassi, fruit shakes like mango, apple, banana, and cold coffees that too with perfection like any café.
- Slicing Blade: If you own a food processor then you will get a slicing blade in its sales box. You can slice any fruit or vegetable according to your preference with perfection.
- Kneading Blade: If you are seeking to knead the perfect dough for puris, naan or bhaturas then kneading blade will make your task simple. Even you need not use your hands to knead the dough. Just add the flour to the jar and add water or any liquid ingredient you wish to use in it. And, start the processor. In just 2 to 3 minutes you will have your dough ready.
Different Types of Mixer Grinders
There is no denial of the fact that the mixer grinder has multiple categories. In this section, you will get a brief idea about the types of mixer grinders.
This model of mixer grinder is known as the basic model of their community. With its help, you can mix various cooking ingredients. You can make purees and fruit smoothies etc in it. In short, it is recommendable for mixing semi-liquid state food items.
However, two types of mixers are available in the market. One is a hand blender and the other one is Stand Mixer. You can blend and mix ingredients of semi-liquid state with a hand blender whereas stand mixer is a powerful appliance to whip up the cream and preparing batters in bulk quantity.
A wonderful type of mixer grinder that can grind any hardcore substance into a fine powder. Moreover, you can use this for dry and wet grinding. They are mostly used to grind cereals, lentils, etc. However, you will get two types of grinders in the market i.e Coffee Grinder and Meat Grinder.
- Mixie (Mixer Cum Grinder):
Mixie or you can say a combination of mixer and grinder. In this type of mixer grinder separate jars for dry and wet grinding with a chutney jar provided to the user.
- JMG (Juicer Mixer Grinder):
Everyone wants to have a health-tracking companion in their kitchen. JMG or Juicer Mixer Grinder serves this purpose. In this, you will get a juicer along with all other jars for wet & dry grinding and liquidizing tasks.
- Food Processor:
The upgraded and advanced version of JMG is popularly known as Food Processor. Like any other JMG, you will get add-on functional blades in the food processor. You can slice, chop, shred and knead the dough with perfection in no time.
After extensive research, we tried to pen down all the relevant and important uses of the mixer grinder. Also, we explained about various jars and blades attached to them with their uses. Still, there is any doubt about the efficient uses of Mixer Grinder. Then you must visit nearby stores to take a demo before buying the best mixer grinder for your kitchen.
And, if you feel we missed to mention any important component or use of it. Then feel free to drop a comment in the comment section where the article ends. I hope this article will help you in finding all the answers to the question related to effective uses of mixer grinder.